About Nephrology Specialists
Nephrologyis the medical specialty that cares for the kidneys. Your Doral nephrologist evaluates your kidney function, diagnoses diseases of the kidneys, treats kidney disease and follows the health of your kidneys over time.A nephrologist usually does not perform surgery. Kidneys are important to your body’s health. They help control your blood pressure, maintain the levels of important minerals in your blood, produce urine and remove waste products and water from your body.
Make your appointment today with a Doral nephrologist to get the care you need from the best nephrologists in Brooklyn, NY.
WE ACCEPT MEDICAID, MEDICARE, HMOS AND MOST OTHER INSURANCES
Some kidney problems, like kidney stones, are common and can be managed with a combination of diet and medication. Others are more serious. Like with many other illnesses, obesity, high blood pressure and diabetes affect kidney health. Also, medications sometimes harm the kidneys. Treatment of kidney disease usually includes consulting with a nutritionist and other professionals who can help you make diet and lifestyle changes to improve the health of your kidneys.
Doral nephrology specialists diagnose and treat these conditions and others:
- Blockage in the urinary tract
- Blood in your urine
- Cancer of the kidneys
- Chronic kidney disease
- Early signs of kidney disease
- High blood pressure
- Imbalances of the minerals in blood
- Infections of the urinary tract or kidneys
- Inflammation of the kidneys
- Kidney failure
- Kidney stones
- Proteinuria (protein in your urine)
A Full Range of Services
Through a comprehensive approach towards wellness care, Doral Health & Wellness provides some of the highest quality healthcare for the elderly.
What to expect when you see a nephrologist
Your nephrologist reviews your medical records, discusses your health and medical problems with your other doctors and medical professionals, performs tests to diagnose your kidney problems and provides treatment for your kidneys. High blood pressure and diabetes are two of the top causes of kidney failure. If you have high blood pressure or diabetes, you will need to change your diet and make other lifestyle changes to manage these conditions and protect your kidneys from further damage. Your nephrologist may need to refer you to the types of specialists who can manage health problems that are affecting your kidneys. Here are a few examples:
- Cardiologist for high blood pressure
- Endocrinologist for diabetes and other hormone-related diseases
- Nutritionist for advice regarding food and diet
- Physical therapist for learning how to increase activity
Doral nephrologists offer a wide range of tests and treatments for patients with kidney disease:
- Diagnosis of kidney stones
- Evaluation for treatment of kidney stones
- Evaluation for kidney transplant
- Kidney biopsy
- Kidney dialysis (hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis)
- Kidney disease management
Your doctor’s qualifications:
A nephrology specialist has the following education and credentials:
- Medical school, followed by several years of training under experienced doctors
- Qualifications for a license to practice medicine in New York State
- Optional board certification in nephrology
Doral Health & Wellness cares about you
At Doral Health & Wellness, we are proud of our commitment to the East New York community to provide integrated interdisciplinary health services in an innovative medical facility dedicated to the health and well-being of our patients. We partner with insurance companies, managed care organizations and hospitals in the area in order to treat our patients with the highest level of care and respect.