About Bariatric Surgery Specialists
Bariatric surgeons provide surgical procedures for weight loss and obesity treatment that make the stomach smaller. Bariatric surgery helps people lose weight because they feel full soon after starting to eat and end up eating less. Bariatric surgery also helps treat certain hormonal diseases such as diabetes that are related to being overweight or obese.
Make your appointment today with your primary care doctor to determine whether you should be evaluated for bariatric surgery by one of Doral’s highly qualified bariatric surgeons in Brooklyn, N.Y.
WE ACCEPT MEDICAID, MEDICARE, HMOs AND MOST OTHER INSURANCES
Doral’s bariatric specialists keep up to date on treatments for obesity by understanding the human body, learning about all types of diseases, following medical research and studying new techniques and technologies to improve the outcomes of bariatric surgery.
Bariatric surgeons evaluate and treat these conditions (and others):
- Obesity-related diabetes
- Obesity-related heart disease
- Obesity and complications from obesity
What to expect when you see a bariatric surgeon
- Cardiologist for heart disease related to obesity
- Endocrinologist for diabetes and other hormonal problems related to obesity
- Gynecologist for women’s health
- Orthopedist for problems with your bones and joints
You and your bariatric surgeon will discuss and decide which type of laparoscopic bariatric surgeryis best for you:
- Biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch
- Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty
- Gastric bypass (Roux-en-Y)
- Intragastric balloon
- Sleeve gastrectomy
Your bariatric surgeon and bariatric team members will manage your care before surgery and will monitor your healing after surgery. You will be meeting with a dietitian and other team members to help you adapt to a new lifestyle after the surgery. Once the surgeon and surgical team are satisfied with your progress, you will return to the care ofyour primary and medical specialty doctors. You also may be referred to a physical therapist or other medical professionals to help your recovery.
A Full Range of Services
Through a comprehensive approach towards wellness care, Doral Health & Wellness provides some of the highest quality healthcare for the elderly.
Caring & Committment
for a healthier community.
Your doctor’s qualifications:
- Medical school, followed by several years of training under experienced surgeons
- Qualifications for a license to practice medicine in New York State
- Additional training and board certification in bariatric surgery
Doral Health & Wellness cares about you
At Doral Health & Wellness, we are proud of our commitment to the Brownsville and East New York Community to provide integrated, interdisciplinary health services in a progressive medical facility dedicated to the health and well-being of our patients. We partner with insurance companies, managed care organizations and hospitals in the area in order to treat our patients with the highest level of care and respect.